Monday, December 29, 2008

Non-Chrismas related artwork



I went over to Carrie's house a week before Christmas to hang out and make stuff. I've been drooling over the number stamps that she carved for my wedding table numbers. They were just calling out to be printed. It's still not completely out of my system because I kinda want to carve some of my own numbers, much bigger and make a giant giant calendar out of it. However, now that I actually typed out that crazy thought, it seems like something I might need to do NEXT YEAR, not this year.



I have a busy early 2009 with some unfinished projects and some new projects in the works. I don't really make New Year's resolutions, but I like Freshie's idea of affirmations. While I should probably strive for better work/life balance and I should CERTAINLY be vowing to exercise more, I need to keep my nose to the grindstone, as we are trying to sock away as much money as possible for a new house. I've been selling lots of calendars, which is great!



It's so easy living here with my parents because we have our own space, but yet don't have to do anything but pick up after ourselves. I have a hot, nutritious meal every night, and I don't have to cook, which has significantly increased my time to do design and artwork. Once we have a house, there will be major house projects, etc., so I'm savoring the time I have now and trying to be as productive as possible. We'll see how that goes in the next couple of months.

Posted by Beth Howard @ 9:00 AM