Friday, September 26, 2008

The Last Wedding post--probably

All the DIY projects: We saved a TON of money--probably thousands of dollars--by doing things our own little way.

Here's the rundown:


1) The "guest book" I silkscreen fabric squares for people to sign and will be made into a quilt in the future.


2) the paintings: I wanted large splashes of wedding colors on the walls, so I used a hair-dye bottle to "draw" abstract designs, then we all pitched into paint in between the lines.


3) The table numbers: Made by my awesome friend Carrie, (she finally has something I can link to!) she got hunks of a branch and carved her own set of numbers to make printed table numbers and she hand-lettered the place cards, too!


4) the Centerpieces: Tissue paper flowers made by me, my mom (mostly), and anyone else who would sit still for long enough. I bought a Martha Stewart kit, and then went freelance from there.



5) The quilt: I didn't even plan this, but I got it done in time, and it made a great focus point for the room--and it was just so...me.

6) The punch. I didn't really make it myself, but I really loved the idea. Check out how we used up the extra flowers!

7) The invitations-
-that was a mother of a project, let me tell you.

Really, the whole wedding seemed DIY because it was exactly how I pictured it, and I feel like I made all the right decisions--not to toot my own horn or anything. I just couldn't have been happier with the way it turned out!


I think I'm wedding blogged out, at least for the time. Next week we'll be moving on to honeymoon.

Labels:

Posted by Beth Howard @ 8:07 AM