Thursday, January 03, 2008

A fresh book

There's nothing so lovely as a fresh new sketchbook--right? Well, maybe a new box of 96 crayons ready for you to arrange in rainbow order. Well, I'm a huge fan of simple, grab the time when you can journaling or sketching.

I've had so many diaries over the years that I've written 2 entries in, then quit. What I do seem to be able to keep up is my little purse size sketchbooks made by me. Sometimes they're hand-bound with hard covers and button closures, and sometimes I just staple them pages to a cover.



I made a couple of little books last night. I prefer them to have just enough pages to really contain something, but not so many that it's intimidating. Also, it takes me a while to fill it up, and frankly, I'm sick of the covers by the time a month rolls around.

This book is posted up on Etsy. I made 2 as part of my goal for more efficiency. Plus, it's pretty darn cute, I think.

A little about the process: Just like the bookies, I'm taking fabric and ironing it to a cardstock cover with fusible web (like wunder under) and then handstitching the text block in. The awesome thing about this book is the papers on the outside of the text block--a recycled bit of my big calendar from yesterday. This black sheet came with it I guess to protect it in shipping. Score for me!


Here's the Etsy link for this journal

Posted by Beth Howard @ 8:55 AM

Read or Post a Comment

Oh! Beth, I love the flowers, nice touch. But I think you need some more fabric...FROM SIR'S!

Posted by Blogger Shona~ LALA dex press @ 8:31 PM #
 

I like your goal of efficiency and making more than one at a time. Truly, something I could learn.

Posted by Blogger Tisra @ 4:34 PM #
 

That's SO cute. A+++

And I agree - it is totally intimidating to fill a new sketchbook.

Posted by Blogger freshie (and zero) @ 11:56 PM #
 
<< Home