Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Amelia's Birth Announcements



I've finally completed Amelia's birth announcements. She's now 10 weeks old. I've had them designed for quite a while, but printing them and getting them assembled took some extra time. Now I just have to finish sending out my "thank you" notes before I send out the announcements. Sheesh. I'm so embarrassingly bad at things like that. The sad thing is, I've had the notes written since before she was born, but I haven't found the time to address and stamp them. It's really shameful considering how grateful I am to everyone who gave us something and took the time to throw us a shower.





But enough with the sob story. I'm thrilled with how these turned out. Big big shout-out to Heather Roth Photography (HSR Photography) out of St. Louis for the wonderful photos. She came all the way out to the country to take them and she was just amazing. I have a nice big camera, and fancy myself a decent photographer, but let me tell you this: I could never have gotten the shots that she did. She was just amazing with the poses and handling Amelia in a soothing way. I was so stressed in the first hour that I had to step away and let her do her magic. They turned out wonderful!

So what I did was arrange a couple of my favorites in Photoshop, sent them to Sam's Club to get printed on 5x7's (so much cheaper at Sam's. 38 cents instead of $1.48 at Walmart). and then attached my letterpressed piece on the middle. It was tempting to just do a digital card with no letterpress, but I didn't think that would be quite acceptable.



I bought an edge punch at Michael's which amazingly enough actually held up to cut through that super thick Lettra paper.



Here's the printing plate. I tried the reversed out design, but you couldn't really tell that it was letterpressed, so what was the point? Too much surface area of printing can have that effect, no matter how hard you're hitting the paper with the press. We've learned that the hard way.



Here's a shot of the girl herself at the age of 9 weeks. It's funny that I was so "anti" pink before she was born, but it just suits her so beautifully! That red hair and her complexion make the pink perfect.


~Beth

Labels: , ,

Posted by Beth Snyder @ 8:35 AM

Read or Post a Comment

Oh my goodness! These are absolutely gorgeous!!!! I love, love, love the photos and the letterpress sleeve in the middle. You are just too good, Beth.

And Miss Amelia is just darling! I can't believe how much she has grown already! I can't wait to meet her someday. :)

Posted by Blogger The Clicks @ 10:10 AM #
 

I thought maybe I missed this post. And the announcements are truly wonderful.

I too cannot wait to meet her one day.

We were in Washington, MO on Sat picking up some bookcases + Tom asked how far you lived from there. Just so you know he was thinking about giving you a call to see if you were around.

Posted by Blogger Shona~ LALA dex press @ 10:49 AM #
 

She is a doll!! I love little red headed girls, I have a 2 year old curly red haired niece and she's the cutest! Your letterpress sleeve is so cute! Congrats and don't worry, you totally get lots of time to send things out after having had a baby. My other niece is 6 months old and I just got her birth announcement in February.

Posted by Blogger Jordan @ 3:43 PM #
 

wow! she is a lovely little lady already;)
and as always, your letterpress designs are fabulous. I'm impressed you can do anything more than just staring at that cute face all day! Thanks for the post!

Posted by Blogger kimhryn @ 8:20 PM #
 

What an adorable photo and card. I have been receiving quite a few brith announcments lately, I guess it's that time of year! Yours is very well made, nice font too. Thanks for sharing!

Posted by Anonymous MommyDearest @ 4:39 PM #
 

SO adorable! xo

Posted by Blogger amy turn sharp @ 9:16 AM #
 

This is absolutely beautiful!

Posted by Anonymous Homeowner Insurance @ 10:01 AM #
 

Hi
Great post I must say! Great collection of facts that you've obtained on this web site publication.
Thanks so much for the information.

Posted by Anonymous master bedroom ideas @ 5:02 AM #
 

The glucuronolactone market is being driven by the heightened demand for the product in the pharmaceutical sector. This can be attributed to the rapidly growing geriatric population, which is more susceptible to diseases and injuries and the rising incidences of chronic illnesses around the globe. In this regard, glucuronolactone helps to maintain the consistency of drugs.

Check it out: microtome market
eclinical solutions market

Posted by Blogger Smith Williams @ 5:23 AM #
 
<< Home