Wednesday, January 20, 2010

the Beth and Jason Co-Lab

This is the second edition of the Beth/Jason collaborative painting series (see the first episode here).

To say we have two totally different artistic styles is an understatement. Jason= zombies, bloody beasts, ninjas, etc. Beth = flowers, leaves, Tuscan scenes

But we have one thing going for us in that he likes to draw, and I like to paint.



This is Jason's drawing, on super heavy watercolor paper. Notice the mushrooms. That would be a detail I probably wouldn't have thought of.




Here is my first layer of paint. It was like coloring in a coloring book! This is the best part as far as I'm concerned.


After I was done painting, Jason went back with some pens and watercolor pencils and added details.



Ta-Da! This was Jason's mom's Christmas present. Last year, Jason painted her a robot with a machine gun (link here), so I'm thinking she might like this better. Although, she did laugh when she first saw this, so I'm hoping that's a good thing. . . ?

Labels: ,

Posted by Beth Snyder @ 7:07 AM

Read or Post a Comment

You two are way too talented together...

Posted by Blogger J. P. Morrison @ 3:00 PM #
 
<< Home