Monday, September 28, 2009

The Grass is Always Greener...

Today I have a whole bunch of new states plates coming to me, and I will soon be printing 8 more of the states prints! Yay! It's gonna take me a while, though, since they're 3 color runs, but I'm pretty excited. You'll have to wait for the big reveal later this week to find out which states made the cut.


Over the weekend, I finished up another 5x7 print that's been in progress for a long time. And in the background, we're always printing for the calendar. That's just going to be a never-ending process. And that's a good thing!

So back to the print at hand:



And here's another that I did a few years back. I have a few copies sitting around and I've never done anything with them. This is the first woodcut I did several years ago as part of a weekend workshop at the Frist art museum in Nashville.



One of Vanderbilt's printmaking professors taught it, and I stayed up half the night carving this so that I could have something quality to print. I also remember turning my nose up at a husband-and-wife couple who carved a very primitive teddy bear. I'm such a snob.

Posted by Beth Howard @ 8:16 AM

Read or Post a Comment

I bet they scrapbook too.

Posted by Blogger My Pal Al @ 10:02 PM #
 

If only you knew me in letterpress class, talk about SNOB!
Seriously people! You are in college...try to at least come up with something better than you did in elementary school! I know it's a state school and not a private are college, but you can do better than a leopard print border for your Brittany Spears lyrics quote.

p.s. thanks for the address (ooh you have an iPhone) I'm shipping you a package Priority Mail on Friday

Posted by Blogger Shona~ LALA dex press @ 6:42 PM #
 

An art snob is the very best kind of snob. :) I was usually the only art major in most of my college art classes, and while I didn't necessarily look down on others art, I did always feel superior which turned me into a bit of a snob, too, until I took clay class where I SUCKED!!!

Posted by Blogger freshie (and zero) @ 10:10 PM #
 
<< Home