Tuesday, March 10, 2009
I finally got all the cards printed, boxes made, and photos taken so I could post my recipe cards and box on Etsy.
From start to finish, the recipe card box has been in the works for up to 2 months. I spent days drawing out just the perfect little illustration for the dividers, writing the text pieces over and over, and sending them to the plate maker to make them into something I could print with.
Then came all the paper cutting. I bought a huge amount--60 pounds!--worth of French Paper, in huge sheets and have been cutting them down for a couple of weeks during tv time.
Finally, the real kicker: the box. I couldn't for the life of me find a wood or plastic recipe card box in which to put my precious new cards. The only ones I could find were at least $10, and I just didn't think that was good business. So I went to Home Depot, bought some boards, cut them up with my dad's saw, and assembled them. And frankly, I think they look way better than anything I found previously.
So a lot of time and effort and Beth speciality has gone into this simple finished product. I am smitten with it.