Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The lovelieness of a 3 day weekend

...and I didn't even do all that much productive work. Instead I went on some scouting missions, spent time with friends and family, and watched some Netflix stuff with Jason. Lovely.

Jason and I went to Kansas City which is 2 hours away to go to the Nelson-Atkins museum where I was ecstatic to see 2 of my favorite artists' work--Wayne Theibaud and Joseph Cornell.

Jason was not really impressed by the contemporary wing and all the intellectual types talking about art theory. He rants about it here on his blog. I on the other hand, LOVE contemporary, post 1950s art, so I was in heaven.

While in KC, we also stopped by Paper Source, of course, and Utrecht, where my husband bought a canvas that was so big it almost wouldn't fit in the car. We even tried the larger size, and it wouldn't fit! So we now have a 36x60 inch stretched canvas in our living room, and J-man has a lot of work ahead of him.




These are a bunch of drawings I did yesterday with a new calligraphy nib. I just went through the trash can looking for the package so I can tell you what it is and be able to find it next time, but it's gone, of course. Oh well.

Labels:

Posted by Beth Howard @ 7:53 AM

Read or Post a Comment

I have alsways wanted to go to KC, I have no clue why, but for some reason it has a draw. Now I know why: Theibaud, Cornell, Paper Source.
All I can think of about the canvas in the Fit is ,"You don't have to yell. It's not a train station. We're in a tiny car."

ANYWAY: Come and visit

Posted by Blogger Shona~ LALA dex press @ 11:15 AM #
 
<< Home