Monday, January 05, 2009

So.

Hi Friends!
I'm not really starting the new year out right, am I? No posts in a week? What?

Just a quick note: My dad had heart bypass surgery out of the blue last Friday. He has been in the hospital for almost a week now, and I've been spending lots of time there. Thankfully, with the support of so many loving people and their prayers, well-wishes, and good-vibe-sending, he is doing pretty well. It's hard to see your dad be so vulnerable, but he will make a strong recovery, I just know it. He's only 57, and too ornery to let this get him down!

So that's where I've been. I have several great things to post about, but haven't been home in daylight hours to photograph them!




Here's a poster that I painted with my new goauche paints from Christmas. The original is going to hang in our kitchen, and measures 20x30, so it's hefty! I'm experimenting with doing digital prints of my artwork to sell on Etsy. We'll see.

I'm really trying to improve my illustrative skills. Here's hoping 2009 brings me talent in this area! I need all the help I can get!

Posted by Beth Howard @ 11:13 PM

Read or Post a Comment

Please do make prints of this! I LOVE it and think it would look great in my red kitchen! Okay, don't just do it for me. But, I just thought I'd put my vote in. ;)

Posted by Blogger The Clicks @ 10:18 AM #
 

Thinking of you every day & sending my "good vibes."

Honestly, I did not expect a post this soon. as always, live the new work- you really do crank it out.

Posted by Blogger Shona~ LALA dex press @ 10:41 AM #
 

LOVE the new pic! Very divine....love it mucho! Of course T-bone and I send lots of good thoughts and love to your dad and all of you!!

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 4:20 PM #
 

I'm shocked about your dad. So glad he's doing well.
Keep us updated. By the way..love the kitchen painting. That orange-coral color is one of my favorites.

Posted by Blogger Jenny Ann @ 7:52 PM #
 
<< Home