Tuesday, December 09, 2008

The kitchen is finished!



The kitchen is finally done! I'd like to thank Ikea, my parents and say "screw you" to Lowes. It only took 4 month to get the countertops. Imagine if we had ordered the cabinets from them!

I celebrated by making a colossal mess with Black Betty--my new Kitchenaid mixer. It was the wedding gift to end all. I love all my other gifts too--and now that we have a kitchen I'm so excited to use all of them!

We ate off our new plates with our new forks and sipped milk from our new glasses, (and wine from other new glasses) for the first time. We also tried to use our new cast iron panini press without seasoning it first. The very first meal we tried to cook we set off the smoke alarm. Like Jason said, "Man, it's like we really are newlyweds. We can't make a sandwich without setting off the smoke alarm." Cute. I ended up slapping the salvaged paninis in the George Foreman.




Fast mixer. Large quantity of powdered sugar for Magnolia Bakery Vanilla Buttercream. Very large mess. But a very delicious mess.



Posted by Beth Howard @ 8:27 AM

Read or Post a Comment

You survived and now have a gorgeous kitchen for making all sorts of deliciousness!!! That cake looks amazing!

Posted by Blogger Tisra @ 1:34 PM #
 

YAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

You have such a wonderful kitchen. Was is done before Thanksgiving? Were you able to use it as the second kitchen?

OH, and as I said before, don't be so jealous of my recent gift...gifts come with strings. But it sure is a great place to store lino blocks.

Happy cold weather to you (we might get snow today, but again, no accumulation).

Posted by Blogger Shona~ LALA dex press @ 8:04 AM #
 
<< Home