Tuesday, December 16, 2008

It's a sign of the season



This is what it looks like out my back door at 7:30 this morning.

I have been madly crafting, but can't show you because it's all for people who read this blog!

That's okay. I will show you when it's all opened and oohed-and-ahhhed over. I hope it will be anyway!

The weather has turned very, well, Missouri, around here. Lots of discussions with Jason about driving on ice, etc. Sunday night my parents and sister and I saw the Broadway touring show Ain't Misbehaving--with Ruben Studdard in Columbia. It was awesome! When we drove home it was 21 degrees and freezing rain. Here in Missouri we just don't let it stop us. If that were Tennessee, people would cancel all plans and go get 3 extra gallons of milk! I'm not sure who's crazier, but if we didn't go on about our business, all icy winter long we would be cancelling plans and getting cabin fever!


Here's something I'm doing just because. I don't know what it means or what I'm going to do with it, but I had a huge canvas and it's been ages since I've painted. It's not done yet, but I wanted to show you it's on it's way.

Posted by Beth Howard @ 8:31 AM

Read or Post a Comment

Beth, I'm a transplant from CA who learned long ago that a little snow never stopped a girl determined to get to JoAnn's LOL. Yep, that's what we woke up to in KC this a.m. I like your painting. It's looks to me that the circus has made the sun so happy it turned into its own circus. At least that's MY opinion LOL. Stay warm!

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 3:35 PM #
 

it was the same in NYC this morning too...well, except for the trees! So beautiful though, like cotton candy dropping from the sky. Your new stuff looks great and I'm sure the holiday gifties are just as cool. I am crafting vicariously through you! Happy holiday season!

Posted by Blogger kimhryn @ 6:53 PM #
 

We had freezing rain the other night + I made bread (because you forgot that in addition to milk, people also stock up on bread in TN).

Did I mention that walking to work in ice has been a challenge?

Be safe on dem icy roads.

Posted by Blogger Shona~ LALA dex press @ 7:58 AM #
 
<< Home