Monday, October 13, 2008

Fun with Resin


This photo looks like my idea of a fabulous Saturday night---a huge mess and a new project!

This summer when my life was turned upside down with moving, new job, wedding etc. I kept repeating the mantra...October is gonna be awesome. And so far it has been. I started a new quilt project that I hope to show you more of this week, and on Saturday night instead of going out, my new friend Caroline and I began a really fun new project--with dangerous chemicals!



Caroline and I spent a couple of hours making little collages, finding bugs, and gathering flowers all to encase in the resin.


Here's a zinnia with some weeds in a paint cup mold...



Resin is really stinky--and really fun. My favorite part of the process was making a mold out of rubber around a bangle bracelet--I embedded fabric in it.



Unfortunately, 36 hours later, most of these are still slightly sticky. I hope they do cure after a while, but it's possible if we didn't mix properly that it might not cure at all, which would be heart-breaking!

If you want to learn more about resin, you can get this book from Amazon. When my bracelet is out I'll take a shot to show you.

Now onto a very long deadline day at work...cheerio!

Posted by Beth Howard @ 8:45 AM

Read or Post a Comment

What? You have new crafty friends????

I had a professor who worked in resin, wore the ventelator, but was still convinced she was going to die of cancer. Her work was pretty darn amazing!

Posted by Blogger Shona~ LALA dex press @ 7:38 PM #
 

I really want to see the completed projects. Are they dry yet?

Posted by Blogger Janine @ 10:27 PM #
 
<< Home