Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My love for IKEA continues



Right before the wedding my mom and I took off for Chicago to pick up an inumerable amount of boxes and bits and pieces for our new cabinets. It's really a pretty cool, affordable way to do cabinets. You download their planner program, choose your cabinets in 3D, then go to the store and have an expert check it over and make the order. Then you go load up the most boxes you can actually imagine.

Once we got it all home, out of all of those boxes, there was only 1 that didn't have a part that we needed, and IKEA sent it to us in a couple of days' time. Dad was cursing when putting them together, but honestly they went pretty darn easily.

Yes, we're living in my parents' basement, but we are getting a brand new kitchen out of the deal. We call it the "apartment". It's really pretty great living here. I don't have to mow the lawn or cook dinner. Now, if I could just sell that house in Nashville.



As awesome as my mom's cooking is, I feel really weird without a kitchen of my own. I got a brand new Kitchenaid mixer that I'm SOOOOO excited about--it was the one gift that I wanted above all else on the registry--and I haven't even gotten it out of the box yet! What a crime!

And for some reason I really want to make fish tacos with guacamole. Strange. I know I could cook in my mom's kitchen upstairs, but it's just not the same.



Check out my cabinet up there--it's my happy place. It's full of nothing but brand new, beautifully organized wedding gifts! Thank you to everyone! I'm working on the thank you notes!

Posted by Beth Howard @ 7:35 AM

Read or Post a Comment

How does it compare to the tea cup kitchen in your Nashville house?

Posted by Blogger Shona~ LALA dex press @ 7:55 PM #
 

Wow - those are really nice! Greg and I considered getting Ikea cabinets but we're going to try to paint over our shellacked ones first. It's probably more of a pain then installing new ones, though!

Posted by Blogger freshie (and zero) @ 10:53 AM #
 
<< Home