Monday, September 15, 2008

in the rearview mirror




Well, we're two weeks in and so far, being married is pretty great. The Italian honeymoon was everything we could ask for, but we're so glad to be back home. I know a lot of people say that it's kind of a let down after all the parties and hoopla. I really just feel peaceful and I'm happy to be able to look back on the wedding and the honeymoon and know that it all went beautifully and blissfully. It's so great to look forward to findin the new "normal" for our new lives together and in Missouri.

This morning driving to work I thought "Hey, look! It's fall and I'm in Missouri." Like for some reason it just clicked that I just up and spun my whole life around. I guess while the carousel is spinning, you just hold on. Maybe it's only when your ride is over that you realize you stepped off into a whole different pair of shoes that the ones you started in. In my case, it's to old tennis shoes with clumps of mud on them from the strappy sandals of Nashville life. And these old sneakers feel great.

I'll try to relate to you the monumentality of the wedding in easy-to-digest tidbits. For right now, here are some of the photos I've picked out of 3,000. I can't seem to look at the photos without shedding a tiny tear for the beautiful day that it was. It was so fun, so happy, so colorful. Just like we wanted it. My mind's snapshots of the day are looking out into the crowd and thinking that all my very favorite people were there (a few only in spirit), and that there was glorious bright color everywhere. Perfect.

In looking back, I am so thankful to all the people who went above and beyond to make the day just perfect--really, you just don't find friends like we have everyday. I give and receive love in the form of acts of service. I feel most comfortable working to DO something for someone, and I feel extrememely grateful to all the angels out there who worked their tails off just for our wedding day. It meant so much more to have all of you use your talents to contribute than for me to hire some stranger. I love you all!

I'll be going into more details about individual aspects of the wedding in the next few posts--then it will be onto the honeymoon!!

Labels:

Posted by Beth Howard @ 9:11 AM

Read or Post a Comment

What a beautiful day! I can't believe you're already back and already blogging!!!!! Can't wait to hear/read all about it! BTW - are you going to Homecoming? Garth and I are considering making the pilgrimage (if I can get away from the craziness of work...so, that could be a very BIG IF). Anyway, if we make it that way, I'll let you know!

Posted by Blogger The Clicks @ 9:54 PM #
 

Beth... first of all, gorgeous photos and they captured your day perfectly! I'm so happy you had such a great honeymoon, too... yay! :) I hope our wedding and honeymoon can be just as beautiful and wonderful and full of love as your was. seriously.

in relating to "in the rear view mirror," it hit me right after we got home from your wedding... that you guys really aren't here. and oh my gosh, are we SO happy for you two and I know you made the right decision, but I do sit here with a lump in my throat at the HUGE hole you left here in Nashville. We love you two so much!!

I'm sure this should be in a letter or in a wobbly, teary phone call, but it all just came out now. :) I'm so excited to see where this life takes you and I hope we are there with you all the way!

.xo. Jenn

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 11:40 PM #
 

Oh Jenn, your comment makes me sad. There was an announcement on NPR that fall classes at Watkins are starting + the Greenway Arts Festival is this Sat. + I started to really miss you. I know your MO. friends are happy to have you back, but your TN. friends miss the Hell out of you.
I hope everyone is safe in Columbia (although you are not exactly IN Columbia). We got lost of wind, but no rain.
I guess I'll see you at Jenn's wedding though...right?

Posted by Blogger Shona~ LALA dex press @ 10:39 AM #
 
<< Home