Thursday, April 03, 2008

The real reason I want to get married


You are all very sweet! You asked for it, so get ready. I'm visiting the venue this weekend, so I'll post about that next week.

Now that I have some of the big things out of the way, I don't feel so guilty turning my attention to the real excitment: invitations. You know they are going to be awesome. At least, if all goes according to my vision.

Today I bought a new calligraphy nib, on the recommendation of my college graphic design professor Deborah. Back in school, I somehow talked the administration into letting me take a 3 hour calligraphy class instead of drawing. Between you and me, I probaby could have used the drawing. I really wish I had taken illustration. Instead, I'm trying to practice, practice, practice on the back end. Oh well. Now I can hand-letter my own invitations!

I've been seeing some fantastic invitations and calligraphy samples from my favorite blogs--StyleMePretty and Brooklyn Bride. Check out this gal!!

My goal with the wedding, and specifically the calligraphy on the invites, is to be loose and arty. In general. When it comes to me, put a big checkmark by the "loose"! Ha! Your MOM's loose! Burn!

Labels:

Posted by Beth Howard @ 7:17 PM

Read or Post a Comment

Yay. yay. yay!!!! So, what about your *name*? Are you still "Beth Howard", or will it be "Beth ______"? So fun. fun. fun. I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Posted by Blogger Tisra @ 9:18 PM #
 

Wow, I think we have about 90% matching interests/skills/wish-I-could-do dats... check out this girlie:
http://lovejenna.blogspot.com/
She rocks. I did my own invites too, back in the day, and it was one of the most fun things about Weddingville. Have fun, Beth!

Posted by Blogger Kristi @ 6:28 PM #
 

Linea Carta is pretty cool too. And the lettering on the envelopes of Randi and Jacob's wedding (you can see it on Brooklyn Bride) is awesome - if anyone knows who did it, I'd love to know!

Posted by Blogger Kathryn @ 12:41 PM #
 
<< Home