Friday, April 25, 2008

Get Excited!


I'm so happy with the way my be-labored recipe cards have turned out. They dried just in time, and I got some little drawstring bags sewn for them, now I just have to put a price tag on the extreme amount of labor that went into them from the carving to type setting to registration and paint color mixing. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to turn much of a profit, but I love them so much that I think it's worth it. Plus, it was a good starting project for my press.

My dear friend Carrie is coming down for the weekend, and after MamaMade (9am-2pm at Lillie Belle's Teahouse in Franklin!!!) We're going to put ole' Chuck to work. Carrie is an incredible talent. It makes me a little sick, honestly. But it's benefitting me, so it's okay.

I had her do some little line drawings and I cleaned them up, sized them, and sent them to Owasso to have plates made. It was all I could do not to work on them last night, but I had to work on recipes and getting ready for tomorrow.


I'll definitely post the results after the weekend is over. We've got some serious plans, Mwahahahaha!

And here are a couple more items I'm going to have at MamaMade: Large Bookies--and can you see the cover stock? Yup. Original Hatch Show Print posters from the rummage pile cut up and made into bookies!

Can't wait to see you in Franklin tomorrow! And check out the Main Street Festival too--tell you what. Bring me a funnel cake and get a free prize!

Labels: ,

Posted by Beth Howard @ 7:56 AM

Read or Post a Comment

Oh my goodness! Glorious stuff! And glorious idea- "bring me a funnel cake...". Can I steal that?! :-)

Posted by Blogger Tisra @ 10:48 AM #
 

Very cool recipe cards. I love seeing linocuts!

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 1:00 PM #
 

Nobody brought you a funnel cake. Sad. Your stuff was fabulous and if I had sold more I certainly would have bought more. Maybe next year you should be in the Main Street Festival with me!

Posted by Blogger freshie (and zero) @ 11:19 PM #
 
<< Home