Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Viva 2008!



Happy New Year to all of you! I wish you a year of highly creative and fun endeavors! Resolve to try something new! I need to resolve to finish some projects and do less. We rang in the new year with some new toys--like the Nintendo Wii.

I scored that Stendig Calendar from the Crate and Barrel after holiday sale. Turns out, even though it's sold in the MOMA store, it's printed here in Nashville! It's a full 48"x36". Perfect for my red couch and otherwise black and white living room.

Jason cleaned the house for me yesterday since I had to work and there were people coming over. It was SOOO nice today to have the house clean, and just relax. Well, I did spend a couple of hours cleaning the studio. Boy, oh boy was it T-rashed! I'm just a messy person who really hates the mess. Sounds strange, but I think my mind doesn't think in terms of picking up after myself. I make a mess, then I totally forget that the natural order of htings is to pick it up. I'm usually a thousand miles away on the next project. Unfortunately, I HATE to even be in the studio when it's a mess. During show-prep time I just try to deal and fold fabric as much as possible. But otherwise, who can think about visual stuff with a huge mess around?

I'm sort of holidayed out, and I have to weigh in with the WATCHERS tomorrow--it's not going to be pretty. But what the heck. I have been looking forward to those white chocolate covered pretzels and homemade fudge since I started the Watchers months ago.


Here's to more blogging and more artsy craftiness in the New Year!


One of my lovely Christmas gifts and some of my attempts to draw more.

Posted by Beth Howard @ 9:50 PM

Read or Post a Comment

OOH! pretty pretty, more for me to look at when I come over to check out your press. Sorry you had to work, but so did my boy, which made New Year's even a lot more restrained, which lead to a really good Jan 1st (no hangover).

Posted by Blogger Shona~ LALA dex press @ 8:15 AM #
 

I love those drawings on the bottom! I wanted that calender from Crate & Barrel, too, but I have no wall space to hang it. :( By the way, my sister really liked her Beth Howard Christmas gifts!

Posted by Blogger freshie (and zero) @ 9:50 AM #
 
<< Home