Friday, October 05, 2007

Patchwork Surprise



I spent time last night piecing together some of my hoarded fabric for this brilliant idea I have for a patchwork totebag. I guess I just need to get over the idea that if I sell this at a reasonable price point for me, it will cost $150, and if I price it with the intention of actually selling it, I will get paid $5 per hour, less if you include materials.

Ah, the joys of being a hand-crafter. Oh well. Maybe I'll just put it in my etsy shop at the price i want and see what happens. Sometimes you have to price things higher to get them respected. I know that if I see an item on etsy that I know took forever to make, and the seller is charging a pittance, I wonder what's wrong with it.

I hope to have some significant time to craft this weekend, although it's already stacking up to be super busy. And my kitchen floor really needs to be scrubbed. I mean really. Maybe that's what I'll do on my oh-so-exciting Friday night.

Posted by Beth Howard @ 8:49 AM

Read or Post a Comment

2 women approached the weaver who sat across from me at the TACA show and point blank asked why she charged so much for the shawls. She said it takes her 24 hours to spin the yarn needed + 12 hours to weave it, not to mention the cost that goes into raising the Alpaca goats for the wool. They came back with- well why don't you charge more? Very politely, but underhandedly she said- because I get people who ask me why I charge so much and won't buy my shawls.

It's studio time for me this weekend babe! My boy has promised to make me pancakes for breakfast on Sunday morning- yuuuummmmyyyy! You have seen my kitchen floor- the coloring hides the dirt very well.

Posted by Blogger Shona~ LALA dex press @ 1:21 PM #
 
<< Home