Friday, October 19, 2007

After the Storm


Let it be known that I HATE storms. I went to bed last night bravely, but was awakened 2 hours later by a horrible cracking sound and the ground shaking. I was sure that the huge dead treen in my other neighbor's yard was about to come crashing through my bedroom window, but when I could see that it was still standing, I thought the big trees in my back yard were down, then I realized it was the guys who live next door. They're all okay, but a seemingly healthy tree is in pieces. I don't know how they're going to get the cars out of the driveway.

In other news, I'm officially back from Vegas. No, I didn't lose my shirt literally or figuratively.
I did manage to go to a quilt store on the day we rented a car. My companions thought I wanted to go to Red Rock Canyon, but I had ulterior motives. Mwahahahaha.

Okay, now Blogger won't let me upload any more pics. They'll have to wait until tomorrow. Let's hope a tree doesn't fall on my house today. Or a house fall on me.

Posted by Beth Howard @ 8:49 AM