Monday, September 10, 2007

Nose: meet grindstone



Not really the grindstone, per se. It was finally a rainy weekend in Tennessee after the longest, driest, hottest summer. Ever. Most of August was over 100 degrees, and in the previous 5 summers I've lived here, it has never hit 100.

I love to stay home and sew or watch DVDs of tv series (this weekend was Heroes) when it's rainy. You don't feel guilty about not getting outside and doing something. Although... I was having some serious hormonal rage on Saturday, so I went to the driving range and hit the crap out of some golf balls much to the chagrin of my left butt cheek muscle.




So anyway, i like to stay home and dig into being home. I cracked open the Bend the Rules Sewing Book that I won(!!!) from Craftsanity, and it is truly wonderful. I've made 3 projects from the book now. I love that the instructions are basic and not on the overly detailed side. I did have some trouble with the wallet measurements, which throuroghly confused me. But alas, there is a great Flickr group set up by Amy Karol herself with lots of help, photos, and corrections.













Projects completed:

~my very strange turtle (I truthfully don't even like stuffed animals, and in fact have gone off about the topic here.)

~Coin purse or plastic money wallets. I altered the patter significantly, adding a key ring and a plastic pocket on the back for an id. At Mizzou, all the college kids have these wallets with their keys and school id, etc. I'm going to send one to my sisters to test drive. It's very handy for running out the door to go to the library, rec center, etc.

~Lots 'o baby bibs for baby gifts long overdue.


I'm preparing for a show where there will be lots of kid and mom related things, and I need some new ideas, so I'm trying out lots of things.

Posted by Beth Howard @ 8:51 AM

Read or Post a Comment

I want (+ NEED) a new wallet. No, really I'm not just being a nice friend- I'll show you my 10-yr-old Paul Frank wallet next time I see you.
Although in all fairness- I will say that for 10 years worth of use, the PF wallet has held-up pretty well.

Posted by Blogger Shona~ LALA dex press @ 3:25 PM #
 

What might that kid/mom-related show be?! ;-)

Tisra
http://lifetrain.blogspot.com

Posted by Blogger Tisra @ 11:28 AM #
 

And when should I expect this wallet to test drive? My formerly green leather one has turned brown and matted from the serious wear. I'll put your little craft to the test.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 1:45 PM #
 
<< Home