Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Lessons from 1964

I went to a book salea couple of weeks ago and scored some excellent finds. Last night I was reading through this book, published in 1964, and I felt that the lessons were still valuable. Basically: Make good quality things, unique things, and have fun. I like how the author talked a lot about how things that are glued should stay glued, and sewn should remain sewn, and not come apart. A sloppy job is not worth your effort. I probably need to hear that now and then, as I like to just get it done. I'd rather do 10 things than 1, and I want to do it fast. But of course, I want things to be good quality or, like the author said, what's the point?


These pics are large resolution, so if you want to read (and you really should at least take a peek) just click on them.

I loved how lots of the projects were for burlap: "embroidered burlap apron" "applique on burlap purse". It's so itchy! Why would you use it for something you have to wear or touch?



This is my ghetto scanner. I don't have one at home, but a piece of glass and my digital camera works just fine.

Posted by Beth Howard @ 8:44 AM

Read or Post a Comment

Excuse me, I do believe this is the book sale you went to before coming over to help me print + you didn't share this with me?? I love the sub-title "for fun or money."

Posted by Blogger Shona~ LALA dex press @ 8:35 AM #
 
<< Home