Friday, August 31, 2007

Treasures from a Country Excursion



You guys would not believe the unbelieveable selections of treasures--both physical and experiential--to be found when you travel outside your own metropolitan area.

Tuesday night me and some crafty gals. Shona, Heather, and new friends Rebekah and Andy journeyed out to Van Leer, Tennessee to a country auction extraordinare. Complete with auctioneer "haaaaayyyyyyy fitty do I hear fitty-five, fitty-five, fitty-five" I kept thinking it was like a redneck rapper. And he was quite good. I could never talk that fast.

After we filled up on Tater Tots fresh from mama's Fry Daddy, we sat down to real auction business. I got stage fright and did not bid on the quilt I spied. Oh well. As Charlie the owner says "there's always Tuesday after next."



These are treasures from the store next door, and from Shona's excellent World's Longest Yard Sale trip.

Posted by Beth Howard @ 8:45 AM

Read or Post a Comment

we have to do this again!

Posted by Blogger Shona~ LALA dex press @ 12:13 PM #
 
<< Home