Monday, July 09, 2007

Working Weekend




I drove home to Missouri for the weekend for some good cooking and some hammock time with my sister. And also, my mom has a kick-ass dye room. So I took my screens that I've made recently and went to work on Saturday morning. Can I just say that screen printing kicks ass compared to inking up an individual stamp and stamping one at a time? Thank you. It's way easier. And you can get really nice details. I used a lot of vintage clipart items in these screens, and some other things. Not that I've tried it out, I have a lot of ideas for better screens in the future.

Thanks to Mom for dying all the base colors before I got there. She dyed all day on Thursday. What a worker!

And now, boys and girls for shameless self-promotion. You can purchase these prints on a lovely, soft, quality cotton at my Etsy shop! you can go and see 3 of the pieces I did this weekend, and I'll be adding more soon. As usual, I'm late for work. Happy Monday!

Posted by Beth Howard @ 9:09 AM

Read or Post a Comment

Your mother's DYING room is much nicer than the DINING room I don't have.

Posted by Blogger Shona~ LALA dex press @ 10:26 AM #
 
<< Home