Thursday, July 12, 2007

Living my life...


...and not doing much blog-worthy stuff. Truth is, I'm working on round robin blocks for my upcoming Quiltfest with all the girls from my family. And it's just not all that exciting. I thought "Hey, lots of concentric rings would be really fun, and simple, and not take weeks of work." Yeah, right. I'm going on week 2 of all-night circle making (from 2 posts below this one) They do look fantastic, but it's just laborious. What else is new?

Some exciting things are going on in the background, though. Check out this new shop that's going to open on Elliston here in Nashville! I'm going to be a consignor there. Woo-hoo! And I've got some big plans for couture style purses. Things I can really dig in and spend some real thought and time on the design of, and not worry about keeping the work/cost ratio so low.

This pic here is another high school art project. It was supposed to be a self-portrait collage. I have a pic of myself sitting on the cross bar to our swing set. Man, I loved that swingset! We thought it was most awesome. Only slightly better than the sand box. We used to make little chairs and rooms out of sand. I always wanted to be an interior designer. And you know how most kids like a huge cardboard box more than a $50 plastic contraption? My sister Allison and I were no different. I remember using up all the juice in my Crayola markers drawing patterned wall paper on the walls of our "house". Good times.

I am so looking forward to this weekend! Shona, Jenn, and Heather and I are all trekking to Sir's Fabrics in Fayetteville, TN. Be jealous! I'm sure there will be much blog-love, since we're all bloggers. Fabric cheap and dirty, here we come!

Posted by Beth Howard @ 8:13 AM

Read or Post a Comment

Remind me to grab the Purel before we leave my house!

Posted by Blogger Shona~ LALA dex press @ 10:13 AM #
 
<< Home