Friday, June 01, 2007

Small accomplishments




Here is the finished guest/photo book. I really put my mind to getting it done--the wedding is in 2 weeks, and I knew I'd be chomping at the bit to be sewing on all the bags I hope to--I mean WILL--sell at the American Artisan Festival on Father's Day weekend. I've been having some trouble focusing, what with travel and guests in town, and weddings, etc. And I've been trying to do a lot of walking to get in shape a little. I think it's just making me more hungry to be honest. Doesn't that stink?

Anyway, I'm so please with how this little book turned out. Very handmade and sweet I think. I went through all the stitches on my sewing machine to do the quilting. The hardest part was the spine and sewing it so as not to see any seams. Very tricky. I'll admit I used a little Fabri-Tack glue. Okay, so a lot. That stuff is serious.


Now here are some purses I've done in the last week. Okay, so they're the only purses I've done in the last week. But I'm making myself a recluse for the weekend. Only going outside to paint floorcloths and to exercise. No shopping for materials. Only sewing and crafting. I swear, mom!

Posted by Beth Howard @ 9:45 AM

Read or Post a Comment

Very fantastic! and yes, exercise will make you more hungry, but you will also sleep better.

P.S. I found out that "Mardi Gras" canoeing is not just a MO issue, The Kern River, near Fresno, Ca has a similar problem. Fortunately we were nowhere near there.

Posted by Blogger Shona~ LALA dex press @ 10:21 AM #
 

Ohmygosh that guest book is beautiful!!!!! I absolutely love it and what a gorgeous keepsake.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 6:21 AM #
 

This book is such a special piece. Great job on the details. Do you have any sort of pattern for this? Tips on how you put it together with the binding?
ALso, I live in Fresno, CA so that previous comment makes me curious to know what "Mardi Gras" canoeing is. Umm..maybe I can use my imagination.

Posted by Blogger RachelDenbow @ 11:22 PM #
 

The guest book turned out fantastically! I love the colors and your decorative stitches.

Good luck with your Father's Day show!

Posted by Blogger Sarah @ 6:20 PM #
 
<< Home