Monday, April 30, 2007

My mom's got talent!


Jean Howard is basically a Badass.(check out our family holiday card) She sees something she wants, and just does it. No namby-pambying about. Here's my mom's painting for her dining room wall. This is 30" x 40".
Just for a little background--my mom is a dietician. Very scientific and logical thinking. She normally will not start an art project if I'm not on her case about it. She does tons of sewing and quilting, and--thank the heavens--delicious cooking, but not usually painting. Which is not to say she doesn't have talent. Obviously. I'm just impressed that she just whipped out the paints and went to it, and I wasn't even there for back-up! I shouldn't be surprised. She had 3 kids the hard way without any painkillers, and she puts up with my wiley dad every day for the last 30 years.

I had a fabulous weekend with some friends who ran the Country Music Marathon. I was there for support. No running for this girl. I that much more impressed that they did it because I NEVER would. After all the running, we had fun. I'll post that stuff tomorrow.

Posted by Beth Howard @ 8:18 AM