Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Ah, true love.

A departure from my usual hearts and flowers.


Last night I printed my Barcelona city scape. But then I thought of my love, Jason, and the time I begged him to carve something. "Come on! It's so fun!" I don't know what gets into me. If he doesn't want to do somthing that I think is SO FUN, it just irks me. And the guy is a really talented artist. I wish I could draw half as well as he does. But alas, the talent sits untapped. He says he needs a better place to do artwork than his carpeted apartment. I think he's just wussing out. I hope he reads this blog, gets pissed that I said all this, and draws for weeks on end. We'll see.

All that said, I don't really "get" his subject matter: lots of zombies and comic book style heros. Hence the print here of his favorite zombie "Bill". What is with boys, anyway? Why don't they love flowers and leaves and pretty things? Ok, so maybe it's just my boy. But I come from girls (2 sisters) and I really don't get the whole ninja/zombie/vampire/superhero thing.

Anyway. I printed this zombie for Jason. Love is weird sometimes.

Posted by Beth Howard @ 8:37 AM

Read or Post a Comment

I must say I am pretty amazing...
Maybe the truth of the matter is that you won't let me have an artistic muse. You always try and hold me down with your pinko thoughts about ninjas and zombies. Maybe we could do a project together...zombies and girl stuff. That would be great... ha let the fans decided!
Much love... me

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 2:52 PM #
 

Nothing brings a tear to my eye more than a five year old expressing himself so eloquently. Well done, Jason. I'm so proud to hear big boy thoughts from you about your ningas and zombies.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 1:11 AM #
 
<< Home