Friday, January 12, 2007

My favorite gift to give




Here is a present I made for my lovely friend Arianne. I took a photo of her and her brothers and printed it on some rayon, and made a small art quilt. I made 3 of these quilts for friends who were graduation from college. I somehow have lost track of my photos of the other 2, but I know that they love them.

When I'm at the end of my life (hopefully I'll expire before my boobs go below my waist, although, if you know me, I'm in grave danger.) I'm going to look back on my life and be most proud of the friends I've made. There's just nothing like finding a kindred spirit. Someone who gets you without trying, someone who has been there for all the laughs (Arianne), someone who understands when you start philosophizing and using 50ยข words about the drama of your lastest crush (Julia), someone who has more raw artistic talent than should be allowed in another human, but who really gets the thrill of making cool stuff (Carrie) Someone who leaves you the such hilarious voicemail messages that you start laughing when you even see that he called (Mark).

I think my boyfriend doesn't really get my need to have more friends than I can keep up with. He once asked me how many favorite people fall under the category of "one of my most favorite people" let me tell you, there are at least 12 in my list of most favorite people. He's a guy who needs 2 friends and a girlfriend. Period. What's up with that?

I know we're all busy, and heaven knows I could have used the time writing this blog to actually e-mail these friends, but honestly the most important thing is to know that those friends are out there, to know that within 5 minutes of seeing each other after a long absence, you'll be right back where you left off, that's so crucial. It's what makes me most happy.

Labels:

Posted by Beth Howard @ 8:32 AM