Monday, January 29, 2007

I'm tired.


Sadly, the excitement is over. Saturday night was the Mid-South Regional Emmy awards for local television people. I was nominated for 2 Emmys, but was snubbed by the academy. :) It was a beautiful night and event, win or lose. The awards were held at the Nashville Symphony Center, which is way fancy. As much as I complain about my job, it's a pretty great thing that you can be honored in this way for doing your job well. Not to brag, but my station won 14 Emmys total including weather, writing, photography awards, and most important the News Excellence award, which is the "Best Picture" of the local news Emmys. And out competitor only got 2 emmys. We rule.

That said, my lack of blogging lately (I've been tryin', folks!) is due to the fact that my station is going HD. From the top down. New news set, new wiring, engineering, new ways to work, and my department--a new graphics package. Which means all the work we've done in 4 years has to be re-designed with the new designs in about 1 month. We're going on the air on Sunday after the Super Bowl. It's a sparkling, beautiful thing. If you live here in Nashville, you must watch.

Even if you don't have an HDTV, in which case you may not understand what a huge deal it is, our new set and new graphics will dazzle you. Here's a link to our station website if you're really interested. Anyway, all this is to say that I've been working 60 and 70 hour very stressful weeks at my real life job, so crafting time has been at a premium. Although, I try to do at least one small thing every day just to balance my mind. I've been playing with Shrinky-Dinks, and they are SO FUN!! I'll post them tomorrow.

Posted by Beth Howard @ 8:53 AM

Read or Post a Comment

Hey there, congratulations! Even if you didn't win, being nominated must feel like a huge honor. If you approach your job with the same gusto that your approach your quilts, they are just damned lucky to have you.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 3:15 PM #
 
<< Home