Monday, December 04, 2006

Signed, sealed, delivered



All ornaments are in the mail. I just love the mail. Today I went to the art deco post office in the basement of the Frist Center art museum It was a much more idyllic experience than the normal florescent lighting line at the Church street P.O. That is, until the woman wearing head-to-toe, stretch pants and all teal with a velour sweater (Not that there's anything WRONG with that) started getting louder and louder about the post office closing her mailbox, and it being right of the interstate, yada yada. Ruined my holiday-look-at-me-mailing-things-in-a-retro-way mood.

But as I was saying, I love the mail system. did you know you can mail almost anything? I once got a 24" red rubber ball in the mail from my good friend Carrie. She had written my address on it and decorated it with a sharpie, slapped a $2 stamp on it, and shipped it to me from Denver! I can't tell you how exciting it was to get that ball out of my apartment mailbox. The mail man had crammed it in there, which must have been really funny to see.

I'm feeling more holiday-ish. But for now I must go sleep. I'm going in to work at 1am tonight/tomorrow a.m. Ouch!

Posted by Beth Howard @ 7:29 PM

Read or Post a Comment

those are adorable!!!!! I LOVE THEM! great job!

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 11:24 PM #
 

Beth, I just want to say thank you so much for the ornament! I really love it! I can't wait to get out again next year :D

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 11:53 AM #
 
<< Home