Sunday, September 17, 2006

Crafty Goodness






I'm so excited to tell you all about the Nashville Craft Mafia I went to the first major meeting on Saturday and met some fab crafty folk. Lots of us are day-job designers and weekend knitters, sewists, purse-making, camera-wielding types. If you live in Nashville, and make things, you must go to their website and sign up. We plan to have shows, fundraisers, and generally support craft artists in a fun-loving way. These girls are serious and determined. We must band together!

And I met some people signed up for my Fabric Collage Class I'm so excited. I just sent the finalized supply list to the aRThOUSE. I'll post it here after Whitney sends it out. I can't wait. I want to inspire my students to think beyond their normal imagery vocabulary.

Speaking of classes, here are some prints that I made when I was at home on vacation. I made stamps and used thickened dye. The thickened dye makes for such lovely saturated colors. I'll be teaching this class on October 21st at the aRThOUSE . It will be so fun! Next stop on the class list: Quilting from the Hip...from the BH school of "Sew crap together"

I'm working on some photo albums and purses. I applied for Pumpkinfest in quaint little Franklin, Tennessee the last weekend of October. I'm not sure if I really want to jump into the production that it may require, but on the other hand, I would love to sell some things and get my name out there. We'll see.

Labels:

Posted by Beth Howard @ 11:24 PM