Monday, August 07, 2006

Mmmm...


So I'm going to go a little vintage. I mean the bridge-playing, doily using type, not the worn-edges pink and brown vintage.

Here is my favorite recipe for drinks. And it doesn't even involve liquor (although, a little old lady, er, birdie, told me it might be delicious with a tiny hint of Malibu. Just don't tell everyone down at Wednesday Night Supper Club at the 4th Baptist Church)

Pineapple Banana Slushie Punch
Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups sugar (or Splenda)
1 12oz. frozen orange juice
1 large can Pineapple-grapefruit juice (good luck at finding this. I used Pineapple-Mango juice which was really tasty)
1 1/2 Quarts water
4 bananas

Directions: Mash bananas in blender. Blend in and mix all ingredients. Freeze for at least 8 hours. (although, you can cheat, because it's good not all the way frozen, too.) To serve, you can either freeze them in an aluminum cupcake cup with a maraschino cherry on top and eat them with forks, or my preferred method--Serve in a highball glass with a little lemon-lime soda poured on top. Or champagne...or malibu...or more pineapple juice, or sparkling grape juice....... This is my Mama Jane's recipe, and I've been enjoying it since I was little, or in my case, just smaller than my current 6' height!!


Enjoy!



Oh, yeah, and here's a teaser for my appliqued garden quilt. I finished quilting it this weekend on my machine. I'm pretty proud of my first large-scale machine quilting effort. I'll shoot more pics and talk about it more when it's bound and I have some better day-time pics of the whole quilt.

Thanks for stopping by!

Labels: ,

Posted by Beth Howard @ 10:41 PM

Read or Post a Comment

holy cow, that quilt is going to be gorgeous!!!

Posted by Blogger rowena___. @ 11:00 AM #
 

It definitely is a beautiful quilt....your machine quilting is fab, too!!

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 10:15 PM #
 
<< Home