Friday, July 14, 2006

Round Robin Bliss




Here are first, my blocks for my aunt's quilt. Second, my blocks with my fabrics. All the crafty ladies in my family joined forces and agreed to sew at least 2 blocks a month.
Here's how it works: I picked out 10 fat quarters, sewed 2 block for myself out of those fabrics. Then, I mailed these 2 blocks and the remaining fabric to the next person in line. The next person sewed 2 blocks out of my fabric, in her own style, then mailed them on, with whatever fabric is leftover, to the next person. We went from Mid-Missouri, to Nashville, to East Tennessee, to New York, to California. Whew! My blocks are tired from all that travelling! I'm so excited about them. I really need to sew 2 more blocks--then I'd have 20. Any ideas what I should use to set them all together? I can't even decide if I want it to hang on the wall or use it as a lap quilt. I guess I'll figure it out after I sew it all together. If I spend too much time on it, I probably won't want to use it as a functional thing. We'll see.

Labels: ,

Posted by Beth Howard @ 11:44 PM