Thursday, June 29, 2006

Fambly 'n Floorcloths (aka: stalling till I have more time to write)



Here's a pic of my baby sis. No, she's not mini, she's just in a huge chair. Where but in Tennesse can you eat at a place called "Cock of the Walk" where your waitress is 11 months pregnant, and she's not the only one!?! I'm pretty sure they also just dumped our entire meal in the deep fryer before serving it to us all llumped together on a huge platter. The catfish was good, though. Yessirree.

So my fam is in town and I'm working on some things that aren't very visual. I'm getting a new MacBook, for example, which I'm certain will change my personality in one fell swoop and make a blogging mastermind out of me. We'll see. If anyone is reading this, I don't have anyway of knowing, so leave me a comment!

For now, I'll satisfy your eye-candy craving (and I know you have it. You need it more than Rush Limbaugh needs prescription meds at any cost to his life or legal well-being)



This is a floorcloth I painted that now resides happily in my petite red and white and yellow kitchen. Please note my painstaking art-direction of this kitchen shot. I went out and pick my very first cherry tomatoes just to put them on my yellow counter. You know I did it.

Someone was in my booth at the arts festival (see below) and is now going to do a newspaper article on my floorcloths! How exciting! I sold a couple at the show, so I must make a few more before the photog comes to take the shots. Wouldn't want to look lazy. Never! It's my mantra to look busy! and productive! Yeah! Okay, it's early and I'm stalling, as mentioned in the title.

Posted by Beth Howard @ 8:20 AM

Read or Post a Comment

I am absolutely flipped out over it. Love it. I would love to do those but couldn't paint a wall much less one of those. Hoping you got the fried dill pickles at Cock of the Walk at least! xo

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 5:40 PM #
 

I do not approve of the southern pickle tradition. :) Angela, this would be a great project for the kiddos in the backyard. Just slap a few base coats on a piece of canvas from JoAnn's, let them paint whatever, then put some polyurethane on it, and voile! (As if it's ever that easy, but hey! It's worth a try!)

Posted by Blogger Beth Howard @ 10:25 PM #
 
<< Home