Sunday, May 21, 2006

I'm a stripper, baby!



I've spent the last 2 weekends making strips and strips and strips for this baby quilt. I love how it's turning out. Moreover, I love that I'm using all my lovely scrap fabrics. During the week I've been appliquing on the flowers by hand using the freezer paper applique method, which works beautifully. I'm increasingly unwilling to spend time doing nothing--even with my friends. I could go out every night of the week and eat lovely dinners, but all I really want to do is sew, and look for more fabric to sew to my existing ridiculous amount of fabric. But I love it! I sit in my studio and listen to podcasts. My favorite so far are Alex Anderson's 15 minute weekly cast, and a delightful 1hour-1.5 hour podcast called Craftsanity--it's all about indie crafters and how they came to be crafters, and how they make it work. It's so much better than watching tv!

Labels:

Posted by Beth Howard @ 7:52 PM